Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Dad

Wishing he was here... 3 years ago yesterday my dad passed away. Cole and I went and got flowers yesterday and took them to his grave. It was the first time I have taken Cole there. I know that my dad can see him, but to me it was like introducing Cole to him. Every day I wish he were here to be apart of Cole's life (and mine!) I wish he could have met Justin. I am saddened that Cole doesn't have a grandpa...

3 comments:

M'chelle said...

Oh Emily...I know exactly how you feel! I knew that anniversary was coming up, but I couldn't remember the exact day. It is so hard to miss our loved ones, but you are right your dad already knows your little Cole and loves him from above.

Unknown said...

Hi Emily! You were my RA my freshman year in Nelson and I just found your blog. I too know just how you feel. After losing my dad a year and a half ago I am pregnant with a little girl he will never meet. I am so sorry for the pain and hurt I know a day like today brings. I will pray for peace and comfort.

Hugs-
Arrie Cathey Lugar

mindy said...

I'm so sorry, sweet friend. I know you miss your dad so much and wish he could have gotten to know Justin and Cole. He is looking down and is so proud of the wonderful wife, mother, and teacher you are!!! Thinking of and praying for you this week as you're missing him a little extra. Wish I could give you a hug.